Family at Easter

Family at Easter
We hate to take pics!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

24 More Hours PLEASE

There is just not enough weekend! I took Friday night and Saturday morning to recoup from the week's work. I'm having the best school year in many years, thanks to a young "whippersnapper" of a teacher who could easily be my son. He is amazing, and has the same ideology about teaching as I have. But, we spend many hours planning our weekly lessons, modifying them when adjustments are in order, and reflecting on them at the end of the week. This 56-year old teacher-veteran of 34 years ends up worn out!

I actually slept until 9:30 on Saturday. Then after a deliciously relaxed breakfast with Jim at Cracker Barrel, we decided to go to an antique car and motorcycle festival and BBQ cook-off. Just milling around the old vehicles with Jim was fun.

Afterwards though, both Jim and I were too tired to do anything constructive (like getting the house cleaned and organized for the new week). So, we just came home and chilled.

Sunday was special because we were with our brothers and sisters, worshipping and celebrating God's NEVERTHELESS kind of love and mercy, and Jessica and Scott were able to come and visit. I fixed a new gormet recipe for lunch.

Jim and I went to school after the kids left, and Jim repaired a bookcase in my classroom that completely fell apart during classes one day a couple of weeks ago. While he hammered, I finished my part of the lessons that my young "whippersnapper" co-worker and I needed for this week.

And now, i am writing this diary (laundry list) of the contents of my weekend. I wish had something poetic to say, but my words just seem necessary and informational...I think I will go to bed.

1 comment:

emily said...

it's okay to leave a diary...that way when things get complicated you can look back and say, "sanity DOES come!"

i wish i could have gone to the festival with you guys! that brings back fun memories.