Family at Easter

Family at Easter
We hate to take pics!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Randominities

I'm sitting in my easy chair, watching tv, blogging, and enjoying the 21st century convenience of central heat. I haven't experienced this since I was a teenager living at home. Jim and I had central heat and air put in last week. For the last 26 years we've had a wall heater that we would have a contest with to see how far into the winter season we could stand it before we lit it. The latest we ever went was Nov. 30. During the last few years, we've just held our breath that the thing didn't blow up. It would make a gigantic KA-BOOM each time it would come on; then it would rev up like a jet taking off. The immediate are around the heater would get extremely hot while the rest of the house stayed just this side of chilled. We made it, but this Central AC is so much better.

After 30+ years of teaching, I wonder if I'm losing my edge. I can still motivate most of my students, but the ones that aren't motivated seem harder to encourage. Wish i knew what to do. I want to lose no one, but I have a couple of students that seem determined to fail, no matter what I do. Some days I just want to give up, and then I go home, get a good night's sleep, and think the next morning that I WILL be successful. I wish I could find the right connection.

Jim goes into the hospital for a different treatment for his cancer in the liver. This time they will go in through his leg, feed a tube into his tumors in his liver, and "drown" the tumors in chemo. He'll be in the hospital for anywhere from 24-48 hours. They have told him he'll be in a lot of pain and will be extremely nauseated. He'll be connected to a pain pump, but we are still somewhat apprehensive.We just pray that this treatment will kill the cancer. We'd sure like to be through with this adventure.We have learned to take every day as a blessing, and have learned to live one day at a time.

I am looking forward to a Watts family Thanksgiving. It's possible I'll have both daughters, both sons-in-law, my grandson, and Jim and me for the festivities. i'm looking forward to some "fall" cleaning, as we go through some keepsake boxes and make room for other stuff. Just being with my girls, will make for a happy time.

No comments: