Family at Easter

Family at Easter
We hate to take pics!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thoughts of the Day

It is cold outside, but not enough to bring any frozen precipitation. And, I really want some snow...It's just not a complete school year without a "snow day."

Jim's stomach bothered him today. He is so tired of this "war" with cancer. He's not giving up; it's not that kind of tired, but he's just so frustrated that he is having to battle it so long. It's "only" been a year, but we just never expected it to take a year. We thought he'd be through as soon as I was. Anyway, he took a pill, we ate some Taco Soup, and he is feeling better.

I had a rough day at school. I'm not sure how to deal with rude teenagers. When they have issues at home, struggling with self-worth issues, or trying to overcome academic frustrations, I can accept the behaviors that accompany those issues. But when teenagers have a warm home, loving parents, food, clothes, and every possible need fulfilled, I cannot for the life of me understand why they laugh in my face, refuse to follow directions, and show such disrespect for their peers. I just have a difficult time seeing past their actions.

I work with an amazing young teacher. God has blessed me in that I have had the chance to really work with him as a team. Tyler is thoughtful, creative, and caring. He has ignited the teaching fire that has always burned in my heart and soul. Thank you, Tyler.

I have an amazing family. My girls are precious. They each have such special abilities...Emily is a gourmet cook; she is a fantastic mother of a teenage son (even though she and her husband, Jon, did go about the family things backwards); she is super-organized and creative...and uses those gifts in a remarkable fashion at her job, and she is an amazing writer.

Jessica is funny; she has an eye for cool things at special prices; she can also cook a wonderful meal; she is handy with the tools and doesn't blink an eye at any home improvement project; she is pregnant and is taking it like a trooper...she hasn't been sick, just hungry; she is also an excellent writer, and finally, she's a good friend.

My sons-in-law are amazing too. Jim and I lucked out on getting 2 great men. Jon loves Emily with all his heart, and Scott loves Jessica with all of his. They complement each other; and they love Jim and me. We could not have asked for any better guys!

Dennis, my teenage grandson, is a creative artist, a comedian, a singer of random tunes (he can sound just like the school band), and is a great help around the house. He IS a teenager, which carries baggage of its own accord, but overall, he gets the award for being the BEST teenage grandson!

Well, I've rambled enough tonight. I'm going to curl up in my rocker with my flannel pj's and hope to wake up in the morning to a yard full of snow!

2 comments:

emily said...

you make it sound like we had an unplanned pregnancy!

i hope you got a snow day today, but i don't think you did. i am home with dennis...it's snowing up a storm here!

The Doose's said...

ha ha, Em! I thought that too!

I think since this latest bathroom project turned, "lets just pay someone to do it" we may have done all we can with our little house. ha ha.